Speak with an Agent Today 1-844-332-5192

Eligibility

A person must be enrolled in part A and B of Medicare before they can enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan. When a person turns 65 – or if they are older and new to Medicare Part B – they become eligible for Medicare Supplement open enrollment. This period starts 6 months before your 65th birthday month, on the first day of the month you turn 65 and lasts for 6 months after your 65th birthday month. During this period, a person can buy any Medicare Supplement plan regardless of their health.

Why a medicare supplement?

Large medical bill protection
In most cases Medicare will cover up to 80% of a medical bill, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. The reason that this is dangerous is because there is no ceiling to that 20%. So, in the case of a major accident or illness, you are leaving yourself open to financial liability.

Coverage outside of the United States
In the circumstance that an accident or illness happens abroad, most Medicare Supplement plans will cover a foreign travel emergency.

Guaranteed renewable policies
Even if you have health problems, all standardized Medicare Supplement plans are guaranteed renewable; this means that an insurance company can’t cancel your plan if you continue to pay your premiums. This also means your policy will automatically renew every month.

Choice of any doctor who accepts Medicare
No doctor network. You can see any doctor, hospital or facility as long as they accept Medicare. In most cases, you can keep your Medicare Supplement policy when you move within the U.S. because you are not restricted to a doctor network.

MUTUAL MEDICARE
SUPPLEMENT QUOTES

  • Compare plan options
  • Start saving on monthly premiums
  • Be confident in your coverage